- Develops HR strategies and procedures which support the bank in achieving its business strategy, goals and objectives.
- Ensures that the payroll is processed correctly and on time.
- Works closely with the Senior Management team to ensure a proactive approach in managing the HR service across the business in line with strategic objectives.
- Forecasts and prepares the annual budget by gathering relevant information, e.g. annual workforce plans, pay reviews and training requirements.
- Ensures that human resource strategy policies, processes and procedures are properly communicated and well understood across the ban
- Participates in developing organisational goals, objectives and systems and recommends necessary changes. \
- Manages and monitors the Human Resource budgets and track spend versus budget on an on-going basis, particularly for recruitment and training.
- Maintains and develops a current framework of policies and procedures ensuring accordance with local legislation.
- Advises and support managers on disciplinary, grievance and performance management issues ensuring all policies are adhered to.
- Ensures effective training programmes are delivered.
- Maintenances and continuously reviews of the job grading system and performance management.
- Ensures that performance management is done as prescribed by the Human Resources Committee.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Master’s degree in business administration or leadership is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a banking or microfinance environment