Duties & Responsibilities
- Preparation, presentation and publication of IFRS compliant Financial statements for publication.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the bank SOCI, SPF and Cash flow Statement
- Reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts is the responsibility of the management accountant regardless of who the accounts are allocated to perform the reconciliation.
- Reconciliation of general ledger and sub-ledger accounts such as loan disbursements repayments and assets
- Manage all third party issues arising out of preparation of returns, payment of statutory payments
- Resolution of internal audit issues that pertain to your department.
- Preparation and presentation of annual budget
- Identify training needs of subordinate staff and present learning opportunities and programmes to HR for scheduling.
- Attain any targets for staff marketing communicated by MD or EXCO
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in, Accounting, Banking, Finance, Business Studies, and or Business Management.
- Professional qualification eg CIS, CIMA, and or ACCA would be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years' experience in a Financial accounting position (or similar).