Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Human Resources Planning
- Advises on manpower planning – labour market analysis/trends
- Assists managers in assessing the people impact on process improvement initiatives.
- Prepares and reviews non-managerial employees’ job descriptions in liaison with line managers and ensures accurate job descriptions are in place.
- Supports organizational changes - ensuring implementation of changes in HR systems, coordinating written announcements, maintaining organizational charts.
- Handles and responds to business data requests regarding human capital metrics, head count, ad hoc analytics and reporting.
- Participates in objectives setting, departmental budgeting process and management of costs
- Participates in departmental meetings representing HR to offer insight and perspective
2. Recruitment and Selection
- Responsible for recruitment and selection of all hourly paid employees.
- Responsible for making sure all essential selection methods such as finger prints, medical examination and reference checks are done where applicable to potential team members.
- Ensures all active hourly team members have valid contracts in liaison with departments.
3. Industrial Relations
- Adheres to policies and procedures in line with company values.
- Coordinates, attends and provides practical, correct and consistent advice, guidance on disciplinary and grievance actions ensuring compliance with Company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures disciplinary hearings are done within the stipulated time frames in line with governing Labour laws.
- Responsible for advising complainant, Defendant or the business on alternative dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Interprets and applies collective bargaining agreements.
- Responsible for advising line managers and supervisors on Labour legislation and CBA and regulations and also ensure compliance of the same.
- Provides basic counselling to employees who have social, performance and discipline related problems.
- Organizes Works Council Meetings.
- Helps in managing the communication from and to staff to ensure that there is open communication and key messages are effectively given to staff.
4. Performance Management
- Assists line managers and team members in understanding the performance management system and implementation of the same.
- Identifies training needs during performance appraisals and provides input into training and development.
5. Employee Welfare Administration
- Administrates employee welfare issues such as medical aid, pension, housing etc
- Supports the organisation and coordination of employee wellness initiatives/ activities.
- Ensures adherence to occupational health and safety regulations and either addresses or brings to management’s attention when others are in breach of these regulations
- Coordinates house check in and check out and monitors state of houses and facilitates for repairs and maintenance where necessary.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management or Psychology
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role.