Duties and Responsibilities;
- Operates all machinery, component parts, and control units related to the boiler and ancillary plant, safely and efficiently.
- Recognises maloperation of machinery and component parts, and knows when to take corrective action.
- Operates valves to their correct positions following safety precautions.
- Maintains correct water conditions in the hot well tank or deaerator.
- Adds the correct amount of chemicals to the dosing tank.
- Makes sure that the dosing pumps deliver chemicals to the system.
- Prepares and lights up the fire.
- Raises steam pressure in a way that doesn't cause uneven stress to the boiler.
- Operates the boiler without causing smoke to blow into the boiler house, without smoke blowing from the chimney, and without wasting fuel.
- Observes and maintains correct water levels in the gauge glasses..
- Blows through gauge glasses every shift. Tests the correct operations of the mob reps by blowing them down every shift.
- Controls combustion efficiency.
- Removes ash from the trough/pa/bath.
- Carries out boiler blowdown every shift or as per the supervisor's or laboratory's instructions.
- Reports plant defects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Boiler making
- At least 3 years experience in the manufacturing industry