Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements business strategies to achieve the unit's targets in line with the unit strategic goals.
- Monitors branch performance and general oversight on branch operations in liaison with respective branch supervisors.
- Assists the unit in coming up with new Business Development Initiatives to grow the portfolio.
- Manages credit, operational, and market risk.
- Ensures good quality of lending, as measured by losses and provisions for bad debts and fraud.
- Analyzes and interprets Management Information Systems reports and take appropriate action.
- Assists in managing all components of the Unit’s budget.
- Ensures compliance to all Audit, Compliance, and regulations
- Stays abreast with changes relating to the microfinance industry and suggest innovative ways to keep ahead and ensure compliance/best practices.
- Plans yearly, monthly, weekly, and daily disbursements activity planning in coordination with all the branch supervisors.
- Determines and ensures adherence to policy, service levels, controls, and checks.
- Provides input to Board reports write-ups in liaison with the Manager
- Manages loan disbursement to meet the set targets.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Banking, Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
- Professional qualification such as full IOBZ/ACCA/CIS/CFA is an added advantage.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a financial institution with involvement in customer service and marketing