SECTION B: OVERALL PURPOSE
- The Human Resource Director is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall group business strategic direction. The anchor areas are; succession planning, talent management, change management, organisational and performance management, training and development, and compensation, industrial relations; employee engagement; reward management; leadership bench strengths, organisation, and development. The HRD provides strategic leadership by articulating group HR needs and plans to the executive management team, stakeholders, and board directors (General Purpose Committee).
SECTION C: MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Group Hr Resources Strategy; Policies And Procedures
- Designs HR Strategies.
- Directs HR policy and procedure implementation in support of the entire 'Group's business strategy while fulfilling its obligations to its employees.
- Advises the Group on manpower issues to promote sound and cordial relations for maximum productivity and profitability for all the business units.
Recruitment And Selection
- Designs 'Group's recruitment, selection; employee transfer and exit processes and ensures that all divisions and business units are adequately staffed. The incumbent will be expected to sit in interview panels for senior positions, that is, E grades and above:
- Develops manpower strategies, plans and policies for the Group (in liaison with the Strategic Business Units and Corporate Heads); Designs policies and systems which ensures the company has the right skills and competencies to achieve its business objectives.
- Designs and implements appropriate succession and retention strategies for all business units.
- Develops, reviews and oversees the implementation of performance management system and policy for the entire company (this includes all COMPANY business units);
- Continuously researches and advises on best practice in performance management policies and processes to improve on group performance and effectiveness.
- Designs remuneration strategy and policies that ensures proper administration of compensation and benefit plans in compliance with group strategic direction. This includes performance and skills/ competency-based rewards and undertaking market assessments and recommendations on the competitiveness of the 'company's remuneration and supporting policies;
Employee Relations/Culture Survey And Staff Welfare
- Designs employee welfare policies and administration of support to employees. The incumbent initiates and oversees the implementation and management of any staff welfare programs that the company may adopt;
- Oversees management of staff satisfaction/climate survey and, develops and implements programmes designed to improving the same;
- Designs industrial relations strategies and policies in the Group to enhance maximum discipline and productivity. The incumbent superintends the crafting of the group Codes of Conduct by social partners to strike a balance between productivity and productive relations within the Group.
- Designs Works Council frameworks for the Group in consultation with the social partners.
- Develops Employee Engagement and Culture survey strategies throughout the Group to cement bonding culture among all associates.
• Organizes quarterly and annual business updates for the Group.
• Develops, implements and reviews the company employees training and development policy and programmes with the goal of improving organisational effectiveness and productivity throughout the Group.
• Designs and oversees talent development strategies which precipitates sustainable business operation across the Group. In this regard, key positions within the Group should be stop-gaped at any given time. This includes overseeing the Graduate Trainee; Learnership and management development programs as a talent management strategy.
• Designs career management and strategy readiness strategies for the group.
Realigning human resources systems and processes in line with the Group strategy as well as optimizing work processes/practices to create value and maximise performance for the Group.
Human Resources Administration
Develop appropropriate human resources policies and procedures to improve HR governance within the group as well as enhancing productivity across the Group
• Advises on any potential HR risk areas and strategies to mitigate the same.
• Designs Security strategy in consultation with Asset Protection Managers/Officers and business General Managers.
SECTION H: ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION/TRAINING REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION (MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS)
a. Academic Qualification and Experience
· Minimum Bsc. Sociology Degree, Bsc Human Resource Management or equivalent is required.
· A relevant Masters Degree is a must.
· 15 years of relevant experience of which 5 years in a senior executive role is a must.
The ideal candidate must be fluent in English and French.