Candidates who initially applied should not reapply
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements strategies to drive growth in the tobacco industry by ensuring that the tobacco industry is managed sustainably.
- Crafts and implements a comprehensive national growth strategy to make tobacco the leading foreign currency earner by nurturing the value chain for sustainable growth.
- Drives industry-wide initiatives by building and maintaining strategic relationships with key stakeholders.
- Passes on opportunities to stakeholders by monitoring market trends to identify opportunities in the global markets.
- Promotes sustainable growth and tobacco marketing by ensuring all industry players comply with all relevant regulations and industry standards.
- Fosters a culture of excellence by creating a work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation within the organization.
- Develops policies to promote environmental sustainability in all aspects of the value chain, from cultivation to manufacturing and distribution of tobacco products, by engaging all stakeholders in the industry.
- Promotes sustainable agricultural practices by collaborating with farmers and suppliers to cover soil conservation and biodiversity preservation.
- Implements social responsibility programs by promoting initiatives that support the well-being of tobacco farmers, workers, and local communities affected by the industry.
- Ensures that TIMB is self-sustaining by optimizing human and financial resources within the parameters approved by the Board.
- Promotes sustainable operations by developing governance structures that ensure optimal resource utilization in support of the vision and mission of TIMB.
- Champions the use of technology in the tobacco value chain by passing on new technology and innovations to the stakeholders involved in tobacco farming and marketing.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant University Degree in Agriculture, Crop science / Botany / Business Admin and Economics.
- Masters degree in a related field.
- 10 years of relevant experience.
- 5 years experience at director level.