ZIPAM is an Apex training Institute under the Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare, located in Darwendale National Park, 75km west of Harare. Its core mandate is to train and capacitate both the Public sector and Private sector organisations in meeting their management skills needs through training, consultancy and research services in terms of the ZIPAM ACT (Chapter 25:17, Sec 15). Its major clients being, the Central government, Local authorities, Parastatals, Pension schemes and the Private sector.
Our client is seeking a highly skilled and experienced professional to head the management team at ZIPAM. This role involves the overall management of the Institution which includes the Centre’s training and conference operations, finance, human resources and marketing. The incumbent, as an ex-officio member of the Board of Governors contributes to the mapping of the Institute’s strategic direction and leads the Management team in the execution of the strategies set by the Board, overseeing all business operations, policies, and procedures and align them with the mandate and strategy of the organization.
- Overall management of the business operations focused on :
- Training of both high and junior level personnel from both the Public Service Sector and the Private sector.
- Research and advisory on Human Capital Development.
- Offering consultancy services on training and human capital development in both public and private sector domains.
- Leads the management team in the development and implementation of strategies that deliver results in line with the Mandate of ZIPAM.
- Ensures the smooth running of operations, administration and management of the organisation.
- Acts as advisor to the Board.
- Provides linkages between the Parent Ministry, the Public Service Commission and the Board with Management, external stakeholders, partners and affiliates.
- Represents the organisation in external communications and liaisons.
- Develops and recommends corporate strategies, policies and plans for Board Approval.
- Ensures implementation of strategies, policies and resolutions as directed by the Board.
- Prepares and recommends programmes and financial budgets for the Board's approval.
- Ensures overall financial sustainability and stability of the organisation.
- Initiates, develops and leads in inculcating a conducive and high performing work culture and conducive industrial relations climate that support the achievement of organisational goals.
- Prepares and submits to the Board for review and approval the annual work plans and financial plans.
- Ensures preparation, submission for board review and approval, quarterly and annual operational and financial reports.
- Ensures that annual financial accounts are prepared and available for the auditors.
- Ensures annual audits are undertaken on time and any audit findings are closed with agreed timeframes.
- Ensures the continuous delivery of high quality training, research and consultancy services.
- Upholds overall safety of assets and people as well as compliance with relevant statutes and regulations.
- Develops and fosters healthy working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Establishes best practice management systems which uphold and improve corporate governance in the organisation.
Qualifications, Attributes and Experience:
- Doctorate PHD is a must preferably with exposure in both training and senior management
- Minimum of 10 years' experience at senior level.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to drive reforms and manage change.
- High level business acumen and financial literacy.
- Wide experience in Curriculum development and Human Capital development.
- Exposure to new training delivery methods.
- Ability to foster relationships with regional and international affiliates.