Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring consistent implementation of personnel policies and procedures throughout the company.
- Ensuring that employee costs are reduced/maintained whilst improving productivity.
- Ensuring compliance and consistency in the implementation of statutory provisions/requirements.
- Ensuring that the best employees are recruited, selected and promoted and/or redeployed in the organization.
- Effective management and development of subordinates.
- Ensure effectiveness of Personnel Administration at branch and unit level.
- Constantly monitoring the industrial relations atmosphere both in the organisation and outside and recommend steps to be taken.
- Review employee benefits so that they are in line with the trends in the industry.
- Ensuring that a proactive responsive and open environment is created and maintained through the timeous holding of liaison meetings.
- Counselling of employee including assisting in behaviour modification and utilisation of manpower
Qualification and Experience
- A degree in Behavioural Sciences or equivalent.
- A professional qualification IPMZ
- A Second degree either in Business or Industrial Relations would be an added advantage.
- A minimum of five years experience in Industrial Relations field at a Senior Management level.