Duties and Responsibilities
- Checks and verifies Goods Received Vouchers (GRVs) for supplied materials and follow up for payment by creditors whenever delivery is received.
- Designs, implements and commissions projects to end users.
- Prepares tender documents for mechanical works for Technical Manager’s approval.
- Supervises contractors by checking on quality of work pricing of jobs and conformity to engineering standards.
- Supervises all mechanical installations maintenance and modification programmes for the Board through inspections and identification of materials as and when necessary.
- Recommends to management on plant and equipment obsoleteness.
- Trains end users on how to operate new plant and equipment whenever new machinery is commissioned.
- Attends departmental, sectional, site and exhibition meetings as and when necessary.
- Prepares monthly an adhoc reports for the Technical Services Manager
- Attending to internal and external queries as and when necessary.
- Adheres to and ensures adherence to safety, health and environment regulations and standard procedures.
- Supervises and develops of subordinates by setting performance targets and identifying training needs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Skilled Worker Class 1 Fitting and Turning
- Experience in a similar role