Expiration date: 05 Aug 2020
06 Jul 2020
05 Aug 2020
3 year exp
Overall Job Purpose
To provide strategic human resources management expertise and guidance for the establishment of sound HR practices, in line with relevant legislation and HR best practices through the building of a high-performance culture.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Designs an appropriate and efficient organisational structure in line with the GMB business plan.
• Crafts job descriptions of all GMB employees and ensures all employees in the Grain Marketing Board have signed job descriptions.
• Develops sound Human Resources organisational strategies.
• Ensures efficient utilisation of resources including manpower, equipment and other assets through implementation of sound systems and procedures.
• Formulates a cost effective and transparent GMB recruitment policy and ensure that the policy is implemented at all organisation levels.
• Oversees and coordinates all recruitment, selection and placement of GMB employees from Senior Management and below.
• Develops, recommends and implements a strategic plan for the Human Resources Department annually.
• Coordinates Safety, health and environmental programs.
• Prepares and presents Human Resources Board Papers to the Human Resources and Remuneration Board Committee.
• Ensures the implementation and adherence of the provisions of all Labour Laws and labour regulations and statutes applicable to Zimbabwe.
• Analyses and prepares GMB position papers on labour cases to lawyers, Labour Court and Ministry of Public Service, Labour and Social Welfare in line with Labour regulations.
• Oversees and manages the GMB salaries administration and payroll system.
• Ensures that training and development of staff, performance management and job evaluation are properly planned and implemented,
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Human Resources Management/ Relevant Social Sciences Degree
• IPMZ Diploma in Human Resources/Personnel Management
• Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management/Strategic Management/Business Administration is an added advantage
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
Sign up now to get updated on latest posts and relevant career opportunities