Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains accurate notes the context in which the Risk Management Policy (‘RMP’) is applied, including the business models and strategic thrust of operating units and service function.
- Ensures completeness of the recording and analysis of events that could materially affect the risks facing the businesses.
- Conduct risk assessment workshops and collates the risk registers for key risks.
- Produces risk management reports for each operating unit and service function.
- Advises management on prioritization of action to resolve risks that are mapped outside the acceptable risk tolerances.
- Ensures adequacy of existing internal controls, risk management framework through continuous identification, measurement and reporting of risk positions
- Monitors Risk Champion’s recording of the mitigation action plans, their roll-out and effectiveness
- Evaluates the information and arguments presented at the workshops and determines any areas of uncertainty and refers conflict to the head of the SBU and GRM
- Reviews, consolidates and submits quarterly reports and makes presentations on all Risk issues to the GRM for input into the Quarterly Audit Committee Reports
- Liaises with Risk Champions and management as well as External Auditors and regulatory examiners in the review, evaluation and management of existing and emerging risks.
- Provide advice to Group corporate clients on how to develop risk treatment plans; establishing appropriate risk reporting; identifying key metrics for risk monitoring; reviewing ERM goals and implementation plan; and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinates activities in developing, implementing and sustaining an acceptable risk management environment and culture.
- Researches and keeps abreast with emerging global trends and practices and ensures the knowledge is passed to all business managers
- Liaises with the HR department, facilitating continuous training and awareness updates to all staff/stakeholders on Risk Management
- Assist Group corporate clients to establish appropriate risk training programs; conducting risk awareness courses; training risk champions; and training Board Members on ERM and their oversight roles.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Risk Management or Insurance from a reputable institution or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role
- Exposure to financial services/insurance/medical aid environment is a distinct added advantage