Duties and responsibilities
- Determining, negotiating and agreeing on in-house quality procedures (SOPs), standards and specifications for the farming & distribution operations.
- Assessing and monitoring the performance of the farming & distribution operations to ensure that the agreed quality standards are met.
- Specifying the quality of raw materials to be used as inputs at the farms.
- Investigating and setting standards for quality, health and safety for the farms.
- Determining the training needs that will enable the farming and distribution operations meet the agreed quality standards.
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality management.
- Work together with the statistician to record, analyse and distribute statistical information on quality management performance.
- Formulate systems for quality audits.
- Carry out internal audits on the quality management systems.
- Work closely with the farm assurers to arrange, co-ordinate and participate in the external quality audits.
- Review and report the principle causes of quality loss, non-conformance and make recommendations on how to improve.
- Work closely with consultants and farm assurers to implement PIP, CIP and Global Gap.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Agriculture or First-glass Diploma in Agriculture
- Experience in Horticulture
- A qualification in business is an added advantage