Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the formulation of the Organisation’s Strategy.
- Leads the annual plan development.
- Periodically monitors and reviews the macro-economic environment for changes that have a material effect on the achievement of the Organisation’s Strategy.
- Periodically reports on outcomes of macro-economic finance issues impacting on the Organisational Strategy.
- Translates the approved Strategy into Annual Work Plans for the Division.
- Co-ordinates the development of budget assumptions and execution of the budget process.
- Reviews consolidated Divisional budgets from the Finance Manager and co-ordinates the budget review and prioritisation process by Management.
- Reviews Statutes and Regulations governing the collection of the TDS and recommends appropriate amendments to the CEO and the Board.
- Identifies and recommends alternative sources of funding and income to augment collections from the TDS.
- Participates in the mobilisation of resources from Development Corporation Partners and other financial institutions.
- Reviews cash flow reports from the Finance Manager in order to optimise the administration of cash resources and investments on a weekly basis.
Reviews and implements appropriate treasury management strategies to support the Organisation’s activities.
- Reviews and recommends investment decisions in adherence with the Investment Policy
- Monitors the liquidity levels in order to support the long-term strategy of the Organisation.
Assesses and monitors the financial position of banks and other financial institutions in order to safeguard the Organisation’s cash resources.
Mobilises cash resources in line with budget funding requirements.
Monitors that all expenditure incurred has prior approval.
Plans and aligns Operational activities to efficiently and effectively meet the Organisation’s Objectives.
- Oversees the Organisation’s Code of Governance and Ethics, register of interests of the directors, the gifts and hospitality register for all employees.
Makes available, where appropriate, for public inspection a copy of the latest annual accounts and Auditor’s Report and a copy of the latest Annual Report.
- Proposes changes to existing corporate governance arrangements within the Organisation, to ensure compliance with codes of practice and new regulations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Member of a Professional Accounting Body
- Experience in a senior management position