Purpose of the Job
To provide Strategic Leadership and support the Organization Strategy in the areas of Finance, Accounting, Best Financial Practice and Audit.
- Participate in the organisation’s Strategic Financial planning to ensure that all the financial targets of the organisation are met.
- Prepare the organisation’s annual budget for Council approval.
- Oversee functionality of the organisation’s membership management system and its integration with Pastel.
- Put in place effective investment and exchange risk management systems
- Develop systems that support and monitor the daily financial operations of the organization including review of accounting and costing procedures manuals.
- Provide the leadership, guidance and direction necessary for the smooth running of the finance department.
- Preparation of management accounts, audited accounts and board reports.
- Compliance with organisation’s constitution on finance matters, IFRS PAAB requirements.
- Liaison with auditors and regulators
- Payroll Administration and Management
Qualifications and Experience Required
- A Finance or Accounting degree
- A professional qualification such as ACCA,CIS or CIMA and registration with PAAB
- At least 3 years managerial experience
- Knowledge of Payroll Packages will be an added advantage
- Clean Class 4 Drivers’ license
- Proficient user of finance software packages, Pastel preferred
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Self-motivated, reliable and able to work under minimum supervision
- Working experience in colleges, institutes, universities and similar organisations will be an added advantage