Head - International Banking
- Identify banks where accounts can be opened to facilitate processing of payments and trade finance transactions and to establish and maintain relationships to enable borrowing in future
- Communicate the bank’s financial results to the correspondent banks so that they are aware of the bank’s performance at any given time.
- Act as the contact person or interface between the Bank and RBZ in terms of exchange control issues so that the bank is compliant.
- Receive new directives and guidelines from RBZ on exchange control issues on an ad hoc basis so that the bank acts accordingly.
- Interpret the guidelines and directives so that these are understood by the relevant people in the bank.
- Oversee the processing of international payments from when the transactions come into the department to a stage when the transaction has been processed and when money has been sent out.
- Manage the bank’s accounts with foreign correspondent banks (NOSTRO Accounts) to ensure that they are adequately funded for payments to be processed
- Oversee the processing of incoming payments by setting up the process flows and checking and reviewing the payment sheet against the source documents to ensure that funds have been applied to the correct beneficiaries
- Degree in Business Studies, Banking and Finance or equivalent.
- At least 5 years working experience in a similar position at managerial level.
- Working experience in Exchange Control, Trade Finance, Correspondent Banking Relationship Management, Swift Nostro, Inward and Outward Payments and Accounts Management among other responsibilities.
Competencies for the Roles
- Business skills, financial and data analysis and business performance management.
• People management, organizational and leadership abilities
• Team player and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Solutions oriented mind set and creative thinking abilities.
• A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures
• Demonstrated consistent high performance in roles held.
• Knowledge of current trends and best practice in Banking
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization.
• Incredibly curious about how pieces fit together and use this learning to build optimal solutions.
• Incredibly adaptable and can excel in fast paced environments.
• Process driven and can implement structure where there is little or none.
• Exceptionally organized and pays close attention to detail.
• A ‘’ can -doer’’ and thrive on executing objectives.
• Have excellent excel skills.
• Love taking ownership of projects
• Have a strong sense of integrity.