Duties & Responsibilities
Strategy AND BUSINESS PLANNING
- Responsible for the translation of corporate strategy and organization plans into the People and Performance strategy and associated key performance indicators.
- Periodically Scans the environment to understand and determine economic, social, and technological factors that impact on human resources management.
Organizational Analysis and structures
- Reviews business processes and organisational structures to determine their fit with best practices and business strategy.
- Recommends, where necessary, on re-organisation including areas to merge, separate, own-run, or outsource.
- Develops and updates recruitment, selection and placement systems and procedures in line with business strategy.
- Manages the recruitment and selection processes to ensure that the best talent is engaged
- Manages the effective administration of various staff benefits in line with company policy e.g., long service awards, motor vehicle loans, medical insurance etc
- Implements and evaluates, the welfare of staff to ensure continuous staff engagement. Initiatives could include staff housing, education, etc.
- Develops and manages an employee communication plan to ensure that staff is aware of relevant information, policies and procedures that enhance productivity.
- Ensures that critical business information is disseminated to staff on time through staff briefs, site visits and departmental meetings.
HR SYSTEMS, POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- Develops and implements effective and efficient HR systems that promote efficiencies across the business.
- Ensure that deployed systems are fully utilised to the advantage of the business
EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT SURVEYS
- Oversees the development of surveys in order to determine the level of employee engagement to the mission, vision and values of the business.
- Carries out employee surveys, through the Talent Manager, and proffer solutions to the business on outcomes.
- Champion the implementation of all HR transformation interventions to ensure that they are implemented with minimal disruption of business operations and employee engagement levels.
- Analyses the business strategy and identifies the key positions in line with the business strategy.
- Ascertains the job cover ratio for the key positions and determines the talent gap
PERIODIC HR REPORTING
- Performance management - Analysing the performance of People and performance activity against corporate objectives.
- Coordinates, reviews, and presents periodic monthly management HR Dashboard reports and special purpose reports required by Executive Committee.
Qualifications & Experience
- Any relevant degree in Social Sciences
- Master in Business Administration/Leadership is an added advantage.
- 10years experience in HR of which 5 years must have been at a Senior Managerial role.