The incumbent’s duties include, among others:
- Researches and identifies product range, recipes, and ingredients and liaising with Supply Chain on raw materials
- Develops the Annual Implmentation Plan for OKZL Bakeries to achieve agreed Strategic targets for growth, revenue and profitability
- Develops and updates sales revenue, volumes, and gross profit targets for each bakery across the Country
- Monitors the budget(s) monthly, identifies variances and discrepancies, takes appropriate action, and updates the Operations Director.
- Reviews and analyses performance of existing products and decides whether to expand or delist products based on the findings.
- Defines ingredients and packages for submission to Category Buyer in Supply Chain.
- Monitors adherence to Merchandising Standards as laid down in the planogram(s).
- Develops the Bakeries Training Calendar and liaising with Human Resources regarding training needs (such as target group, type of training) and costs.
- Decides product range to be produced in Branches, the nature and type of recipes to be used.
- Degree in Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent or equivalent. An MBA would be an added advantage.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a similar or related environment.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a capacity to present, discuss, and explain issues coherently and logically, both in writing and verbally.