Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handling all incoming and outgoing mail and calls for the Department
- Keeping and maintaining the internal legal library up-to-date by monitoring legal volumes.
- Preparing for the renewal and application of new licenses and submits to relevant regulators and/or authorities.
- Typing reports/ memos for the Corp-serve Department.
- Preparing and ensuring the timeous dissemination of legal correspondence.
- Conducting preliminary reviews of company and legal documents for onward submission to the Company Secretary & Head of Corporate Services.
- Tracking company’s contracts and follow up on Business units on existing contracts statutes.
- Following up on all lodged/filed/submitted documents with external legal counsel.
- Gathering requisite information from the legal team for submission to stakeholders.
- Maintaining an up to date file for new registrations and amendments
Qualifications & Experience
- 5 ‘O’ Levels including English Language and Mathematics;
- National Diploma in Applied Law (ZILS), (a Legal Secretarial qualification is an added advantage);
- Traceable experience in a corporate or private legal setup;
- Very good public relations skills;
- Good communication skills of all levels and interpersonal skills.