Expiration date: 13 Dec 2022
06 Dec 2022
13 Dec 2022
10 year exp
Contribution to Strategy Direction and Policy Formulation
1. Understand the strategic direction of the business and develop financial strategies in support of the business mandate and implement accordingly.
2. Assist the Chief executive officer in the formulation of long and short-term strategy plans in line with the broad company objectives. The incumbent then presents these to relevant stakeholders for ratification and adoption.
Budgeting and Cost Control
1. Oversee the formulation and compilation of departmental budgets and monitor adequate planning and ensure approval by the CEO. The incumbent will thus spearhead the Company’s budget preparation, approval, and review process
2. Provide through the various units all the financial information required for the budget and ensures full involvement of the business unit heads in the budget formulation process to ensure that all expected expenditures are well planned for.
3. Researches and prepares macro-assumptions to be used in the budgeting process so as to come up with more accurate budgets that will sustain the organization.
Provide financial information that will assist relevant parties to make informed financial decisions. This will include:
1. Receive monthly management accounts and review to verify accuracy and the financial position of the organisation. The incumbent will understand the reporting requirements of Departments including year-end processes so as to provide accurate usable information specific to requirements as per department need.
2. Prepare and review periodic financial reports ensuring timely submission according to agreed schedules so as to provide information to decision makers
3. Ensure that tax is calculated timeously in order to avoid penalties by the regulators
4. Submits monthly management accounts and financial reports to the CEO for information.
Financial Management and Control
1. Draws up financial policy for the organization that governs financial matters in the organization and ensures understanding by relevant departments.
2. Advises CEO on all aspects of Financial Management for the organisation to enable informed decision making.
3. Enable the documentation of internal controls and systems to ensure compliance, financial discipline and future reference on financial matters.
1. Drafts up tasks and responsibilities for staff and prioritise work accordingly as per organisational needs
2. Monitors the assigned tasks and observe timelines for each task undertaken.
3. Establish, administer and constantly review policies that encourage electronic knowledge sharing for effective learning and development.
Education and Qualifications
1. Degree in Accounting.
2. Fully qualified Chartered Accountant or membership to a professional body e.g ACCA, CIS, CIMA.
3. Post graduate Masters’ qualification e.g. MBA will be an added advantage
1. At least 10 years’ relevant experience in accounting, of which 5 years' must have been at senior managerial experience preferably in the financial services sector
Sign up now to get updated on latest posts and relevant career opportunities