Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and Rolls-Out of Standard Operating Policies to support all aspects of business operations.
- Executes of the internal audit timetable, including performance of testing procedures and reporting on outcomes of random sampling testing, attendance of stock counts, verification of bank reconciliations, review of cash management policies, payroll audits, fixed asset register review etc.
- Investigates and resolves accounting / business concerns as required e.g. reconciliation of suspense accounts, investigation of any suspected internal control variations etc.
- Works closely with the Financial Manager – Reporting to ensure that all Group Accounting Policies are consistently applied and accounting records are complete and accurate.
- Works alongside the IT and ERP system implementation teams to ensure proposed systems continue to meet the operational, functional and reporting needs of the Group successful resolution of all external and internal audit points raised.
- Manages the establishment of new entities in expansion markets, including legal entity registration, tax registrations, trade licenses, opening of bank account, setup of internal controls etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's and Post-Graduate/Honours degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Must be a qualified CA.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience (post articles) in operational finance, including auditing, financial consulting, internal control and / or financial analysis.
- Must have a South African Resident Permit.