Main Duties and Responsibilities
- General Operations Management – operating costs per unit,
- Drive ongoing continuous improvement focusing on detail around quality, volumes and yields,
- Recruiting, leading and developing first-class management team,
- Attention to detailed operations systems and SOPs to drive productivity and quality and crop planning from field through packhouse,
- Drive adoption of global best practices and benchmarks with local innovation,
- Develop product SKU’s, packaging and implementation,
- Budgets and forecasts, financial analysis and planning,
- Plan and develop capacity depth and skills at all levels through operations,
- Closely guard the reputation and integrity of the business.
Skills and Competencies:
- Technical expertise and high interest in driving technical progress,
- Confident and open team player,
- Strong leadership capacity with high impact and influence,
- Strong attention to detail,
- Proactive and entrepreneurial bent,
- Curious and demanding of new knowledge and its transfer,
- Proven ability to build and mentor outstanding and growing individuals
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong Agriculture Diploma or Horticulture Degree from a reputable organization
- Experience in any high attention to detail, export-oriented horticultural cropping or plantations.
- Minimum of 5 years in commercial horticulture or tobacco and 3 years at management level.