To schedule, co-ordinate and supervise the work of artisans, ensuring that all work is delivered safely, on time and within budget at the same time managing equipment and materials required.
- Prepares a bill of quantities for respective section and submits to maintenance manager
- Prepares cost estimates for repairs and installation projects and submits to maintenance manager
- Monitors and controls budget for respective section
- Plans quarterly site visits to monitor work done by artisans and submits schedule to maintenance manager
- Carries out and records site inspections on special areas that need attention with regards to maintenance.
- Conducts and amends risk assessments before allocating work order to artisan
- Allocates jobs to artisans
- Inspects all works to ensure that they are carried out in line with approved method statements
- Generates ,monitors and updates asset history
- Generates reports on plant and equipment functionality and submits to maintenance manager
CIVILS AND STRUCTURAL
- Engages contractors on repair and maintenance of equipment, furniture and civil and structural works.
- Develops scope of maintenance work and submits to selected contractors to produce quotations
- Inspects the construction works and ensuring that they are in accordance with priorities and plans.
- Schedules and monitors the attendance of crew.
- Inspects construction sites and ensures manpower and resources are adequate
- Supervises the use of machinery and equipment onsite.
- Monitors expenditure and ensuring that expenses are within budget
- Produces reports on progress of construction projects to maintenance manager.
- Agrees medium and short-term objectives, develops a work plan, and checks that this is being carried out.
- Meets and or discusses and agrees on work schedules and targets with staff daily.
- Evaluates staff, identify performance strengths and deficiencies, and arrange for necessary action (for example further on-the-job training).
- Coaches and/or arranges for the training of staff in the understanding of Departmental procedures.
- Identifies disciplinary problems or issues and arranges for the necessary disciplinary action in line with Human Resources Policies and Procedures.
- Diploma in Civil Engineeering, Structural Engineering /Architectural Technology,Journeyman Class 1 in a related field
- 5-10 years Practical experience in a related field