- Supports RCOs to align their programmes to the strategy in order to achieve the Change Ambitions.
- Monitor financial and fundraising performance of all Africa offices, including participating in quarterly reviews. Summarises key issues for the Director.
- Track internal audit recommendations in collaboration with Internal Audit and alert Africa Director to outstanding issues.
People & Culture
- Ensure new policies and procedures are robust and properly rolled out, working with the UK Operations Team and relevant people in each CO.
- Supports RCOs to build capacity on programme management, including in-country and remote training on aspects of proposal development, sub-award management, planning, budgeting and budget management, procurement policy and process and risk management.
- Identify high risk or organisationally significant proposals and awards and ensure that all relevant parties are aware of these and of any issues that arise.
- Identify opportunities for regional programmes and synergies across countries
- Design and deliver training and capacity building sessions for Regional/Country Office teams.
Financial management and compliance
- Understand budget management in order to support managing budgets, reviewing financial targets or KPIs and identifying issues for the Regional Directorate.
- Provide support, coaching and training as needed to country programmes and operational staff, to ensure there is compliance with global policies and procedures, including compliance with donor requirements, using the relevant systems.
Internal and External Relationships:
• Key staff in all five Africa countries, especially Heads of Programmes and Finance
• Operations Team in UK, in particular the Operations Manager (UK)
• International Finance Team
• Fundraisers in UK
- An undergarduate degree in operations management or business administration
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of international development, preferably with a good portion of that gained in overseas contexts.
- Strong understanding and experience of new business development, including facilitation of consortia and partnerships, opportunity identification, quality proposal development and donor rules.
- Experience of project and award management, including planning, budgeting, resource management, controls, problem solving, monitoring, and delivering on time, to quality and within budget.
- Experience in designing and delivering training, in-person, remotely and through coaching or mentoring approaches.
- Knowledge, experience and/or interest in safety & security management and wider risk management.
- A sound understanding of and commitment to gender equality.
- Empathy with the Practical Action's vision, mission, and values.
- Ability to travel 14-16 weeks per year.
How to Apply: To apply for the role please submit your CV and a supporting statement outlining your suitability for the role to the recruitment inbox in accordance with the country that would have the Right to Work.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 30th November.
Tentative Date for 1st Interview: Tuesday 6th December
Tentative Date for 2nd Interview: Monday 12th December