Bsc in Mechanical Engineering
2 years experience in a silimar role
Experience in Mine Environment and processing, Fabrication and equipment / piping
Project Engineer will be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines that projects involve. You will schedule, plan, forecast, resource and manage all the technical activities aiming at assuring project accuracy and quality from conception to completion. To plan projects and establish the criteria by which project success will be measured. will be responsible for establishing project inspection criteria, coordinating the review of project designs and ensuring the proper implementation of project elements.
The project engineer’s ultimate responsibility is to bring a budgeted and successful project to life while satisfying all parties involved.
- Visit the site to familiarize yourself with the site conditions and scope of work.
- Prepare quantity takeoffs as required.
- Review of contracts and proposals, specifications and scope of work.
- Prepare and distribute submittals.
- Determining client’s requirements and translating them into an actionable plan by a team of workers.
- Organizing many tasks into a timeline.
- Manage project specific materials and equipment purchases including: sourcing, maintaining vendor relations, ordering and tracking deliveries, and receiving and processing invoices.
- Prepare and issue purchasing documents (i.e.: Subcontracts, Purchasing Orders, Service Agreements).
- Assist with the preparation of a cost sheet for each project to maintain purchasing control.
- Update software with new pricing as needed.
- Prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
- Support field in expediting schedule, completion of field paperwork, expediting materials.
- Support Operations a with client communication regarding project schedules.
- Maintain customer relationships.
- Develop project specific Safety Programs.
- Collaborate with project Foreman to prepare and submit Change Orders to the customer.
- Making sure that all health, safety and legal requirements are being met throughout the process
- Responding to any client complaints, concerns or requests throughout the project
- Holding regular meetings to ensure that everything is going according to time and budget restrictions
- Maintain quality control in every area (budget, scheduling, planning, personnel performance, team dynamics)
- Coordinates with all project related personnel (onshore and offshore) on day-today
- progress of work activities, procurement and operations to ensure timely
- completion of the project.
PROJECT CLOSE OUT
- Attend and setup punch list walk-through as needed; compile the punch list and forward to Project Manager and Foreman.
- Provide required close out information to the client at the end of the project (record drawings, O&M, warranties)
- Make sure the project is 100% closed out with Accounting.
- Be constantly alert for future work with the Client.
- Keep the Client’s best interests in mind.
- Other duties as assigned.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Establish good working relationship with other team members.
- Foster positive communications and relationships with team members, management, vendors and clients.
- Keep up to date on industry trends and developments.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Actively participate in meetings as requested