Within the framework of the policy of the Company, objectives and yearly action plans, the job holder’s missions are to:
- Providing support to Business Process Owners (BPO) to maintain efficient and secure processes,
- Utilising all opportunities to improve efficiency of processes while maintaining high standards of internal control,
- Supporting process improvement to ensure the balance between efficiency and security of end-to-end processes and by integrating risk management and performance management.
- Assessment of the Group Internal Control Standards in order to find a good balance between control and efficiency of processes
- Identifying process improvement opportunities
- Perform spot counts and spot checks as required
- Having a global picture and follow-up on the implementation of action plans (BU areas of improvement, recommendations of external and internal auditors)
- Update Internal Control software (SAP/GRC) as required.
- Completion of assigned internal controls tasks assigned by Internal Control Manager within stipulated time as well as any other related duties
- Documentation of new processes and procedures not in place are put in place
Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) –
- Ensuring that all work performed is in compliance with relevant Health, Safety and Environment regulations and guidelines.
- Ensuring that VFLs, including High Risk Area VFLs, are carried out as prescribed in agreed KPIs.
- Contributing to RCAs for reported safety incidents, ensure lessons learnt are communicated and actions raised are closed timely.
- Ensuring that action items raised through audits and inspections are carried in accordance with the agreed action plan.
- Actively engaging the departmental team in health and safety issues, through VFLs, safety inspections, tool box talks, etc.
- Implementing Group HSE Standards and Advisories, BU procedures and any other relevant policies and procedures in the department.
- Meeting the Health and Safety expectations as required by Management.
- Ensuring that adequate measures are implemented to control environmental aspects in works
- Attending and participating in all Health and Safety training programmes as set out by the Group, Business Unit, Department and in accordance with the Individual Development Plan.
4.2. Business Code of Conduct
- Complying with the requirements stipulated in the company code of business conduct.
4.3. Internal control compliance
- To comply with applicable internal control standards and responsibilities ensuring that prescribed standards are designed and operating effectively.
- Coordinating spot checks and spot counts.
- Operate all activities in line with documented Lafarge policy and procedures
- Assist BPO’s in the update of their procedures in line with defined Group policies.
- Support Internal Control Manager in coordinating any internal control project in line with project schedule and methodology amongst BPOs, MPOs .
- Prepare reports on internal control reviews/audits.
4.4. Monitoring the BU internal control activities:
- Contributing in internal control activities (or projects) at BU level to ensure that control documentation and assessment are completed according to the group deadline,
- Assessing consistency of internal control documentation,
- Challenging BPO on their assessment of controls (design effectiveness / operating effectiveness),
- Performing testing activities as requested by Group Internal Control instructions
- Reviewing action plans for completeness, consistency, appropriateness, materiality and challenges information,
- Supporting BPO to complete deliverables: process descriptions, risks analysis and controls
4.5. Contributing to continuous process improvement:
- Supporting BPO to continuously streamline processes to ensure risks are minimized and opportunities to improve are identified,
- Regularly challenging BPOs to ensure risks are mitigated through the performance of controls with concern for process efficiency (“substance over form”),
Supporting the Internal Control Manager
- Coordinating preparations of the annual Internal Control Plan (ICP)
- Supporting Internal Control Manager to identify risks and ensure that related action plans are defined,
- Assisting Internal Control Manager in evaluating the internal control environment
- Supporting implementation of segregation of duties
- In case of fraud, supporting BU management in investigations, definition and tracking of corrective action plans,
- Assisting with Group Audit on the follow-up of action plans from their audit recommendations,
PROFILE OF NECESSARY COMPETENCIES/SKILLS
Educational Background & Experience
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or other course of a numerate background but must have relevant professional qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a large Multi National organization.
- High level of analytical & performance management skills and attention to detail.
- Good computer knowledge, exposure to an ERP environment and reporting tools. Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and other Microsoft office applications is essential.
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in Process improvement methodology
- Business Process design knowledge
Leadership & Behavioural Skills
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to question and extract relevant information
- Ability to influence with reasoning and generate suggestions for continuous improvement of processes
- Ability to interact with internal control stakeholders without having hierarchical link (ie influencing)
- Ability to apply company policies and procedures to everyday situations
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability to identify root causes of issues