- Prepares monthly financial statements by collecting data; analysing and investigating variances; summarizing data, information and trends. Prepares year-end and statutory accounts
- Implements adequate high standards of financial controls and checks that they are being effectively utilised in the business.
- Provides financial advice by studying operational issues, applying financial principles & practices and developing recommendations
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing general ledger account information.
- Manages the general ledger including overseeing the monthly balance sheet, banking and inter-company reconciliations, performing month end closing activities such as account reconciliation, revenue accounting, expense accounting
- Develops a budget tracking mechanism which compares with actual expenditure to ensure that it is always within approved limits.
- Reviews creditors` reconciliations and ensures that reconciling items are processed and are never more than a month old.
- Updates the assets register on a monthly basis in accordance with the accounting policies.
- Suggests changes to the accounting policy in line with the group policy and latest IFRS.
- Liaises with external auditors and assists with management of the audit process from start to finish.
- Maintains overall responsibility for preparations all monthly control account reconciliations and putting together the audit file.
- Analyse business operations, financial commitments, costs, revenues, and trends to develop projections for future revenue and expenses
The ideal applicant should possess the following minimum qualifications and attributes:
- A degree in Accounting
- CIMA / CIS/ ACCA will be an added advantage.
- At least three years’ experience in a similar position preferably in the FMCG industry.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
The role is to be based in Mutare.