Expiration date: 03 Mar 2023
27 Feb 2023
03 Mar 2023
8 year exp
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Advises Chief Executive Officer, Insurance Cluster, EXCO and the Board on the general business model, investment options, regulatory and compliance, capital allocation and risk management of the Insurance Cluster;
· Advises the Chief Finance Officer and provides leadership and guidance in relation to strategy formulation, review, coordination, tracking and reporting;
· Provides leadership in ensuring a high level of integrity in financial reporting across the Insurance Cluster;
· Provides leadership for the budgetary control process in the Insurance Cluster;
· Leads and guides all procurement activities in the Insurance Cluster by ensuring that policy, processes and approval limits are in place;
· Provides leadership for the overall expenditure and supplier payments cycle for the Insurance Cluster.
· Manages Insurance Cluster’s statutory audit and reporting activities in liaison with external auditors, reporting actuaries, property valuators and other Finance Managers within the unit;
· Leads and provides input for stakeholder engagement activities for instance, investors, analysts and regulators.
· Champions the capital planning activities of the Insurance Cluster and leads in capital raising activities;
· Champions the development of new business opportunities such as investment opportunities, mergers and acquisitions and business partnerships for Insurance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Must be a holder of an Accounting/Finance Degree;
· Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant (CA);
· MBA/MBL or equivalent is an added advantage;
· At least 8 years relevant experience of which 4 must be at a senior level.
Sign up now to get updated on latest posts and relevant career opportunities