Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures delivery of the right products, quality and quantity so as to satisfy the needs of the customer as directed by the Commercial team.
- Ensures that given delivery schedules are adhered to in order to maintain competitive delivery efficiencies.
- Prioritises tasks to be carried out and allocate to subordinates in accordance to targets, available products and budgets.
- Assists the Customer Services Manager in establishing a professional and conscientious level of customer service with existing and new customers.
- Supervises dispatch personnel, maximises safety and quality awareness.
- Assists the Customer Services Manager in handling customer complaints.
- Compiles dispatch and waste statistics report on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual to be circulated to the group.
- Communicates all employee relations issues, concerns and incidents to the Production Director.
- Maintains a high level of general housekeeping and compliance with health and safety standards. Maintains constant employee awareness of the hazards and dangers related to the working environment.
- Measures oneself against the amount of customer complaints received.
Qualfiications and Experience
- Degree in Logistics & transport
- Any relevant diploma is an added advantage
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience in Kiln operations an added advantage
- Experience in Brick manufacturing is a distinct advantage