Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise workshop staff
- Assist the agricultural engineering research team
- Undertake fabrication, repairs, maintenance and engineering works
- Outsource works as necessary
- Identify and proactively design innovative, mechanically-sound equipment and gadgets to meet the needs of growers and TRB Divisions.
- Engage farmers and tobacco growers that the TRB serves, to discuss their agricultural engineering related needs and implement the necessary interventions.
- Assist in the estimation of costs and submission of bids for engineering-related projects and the preparation of the relevant contract documents.
- Perform any other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a BSc in Agricultural Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Experience preferably with industry experience in agriculture or engineering.
- Self-motivated with proven interpersonal and relationship skills
- Ability to work independently and within teams on abstract projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to use Computer Aided Design
- Computer literacy
- Must be able to work under pressure