- NETWORK ENGINEER
Reporting to the Infrastructure and Networks Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Undertaking robust enterprise network designing and maintenance of network topology database.
- Configuring and installing of LAN, WAN and remote access networks.
- Designing, setting up and configuring of complex converged networking that supports highly available secured access for data, voice and video
- Maximizing network performance by proactively monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages
- Optimizing network through implementing auto mechanisms that intelligently change traffic paths to alleviate traffic congestion or accommodate more traffic demand
- Planning, coordinating and implementing security measures to safeguard information in transit and at rest in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure
- Providing ‘out of business hours’ support as a member of the ICT team to ensure security and integrity, continuity and availability of infrastructure and systems
- Performing backups, archiving & disaster recovery of network equipment configurations.
- Configuring and upgrading new and existing equipment, hardware and software to meet expected deployment standards
- Providing expert technical support, performing detailed and well-documented fault investigation, and timely and appropriate corrective action to address network and system incidents
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer or Information Science
- At least 5 years experience in specification, design, procurement & implementation, integration, verification and validation of complex networks and data communication systems (LANs and WANs) based on state-of-the-art commercial off-the-shelf components.
- Knowledge of Cisco Switches, Cisco FPR Firewall, Cisco ISR, Wireless Controllers and Sophos XG Firewalls
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSec, GLBP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11ax, QoS, LWAPP, NETCONF, RESTCONF, YAML and YANG)
- Excellent analytical, and organizational skills
- CCNP Enterprise and one or more of the following;
- Windows server 2016 administration certificate
- ISO 27001 certified lead implementor
- Sophos certified Engineer/Architect
- Linux Certified.