Main duties and responsibilities
- Reading, interpretation and evaluation of electrical blue prints or technical diagrams and proposals.
- Installation and maintenance of all electrical fittings (i.e. wiring, control, lighting etc.) across the managed portfolio.
- Routine inspections for all electrical fittings and fixtures including plant and equipment.
- Provision of specifications for electrical maintenance, repair and replacement of components as need arises or as part of scheduled routine.
- Material collection from manufacturers and suppliers.
- Repair and maintenance of all structural electrical and generator equipment and/or fixtures including minor service of generators and lifts.
- Monitoring the condition and functionality of lifts and escalators and timeously report and initiate remedial works.
- Ensure adherence to regulations on electrical and mechanical plant and equipment.
- Supervision of third party electrical and mechanical installations.
- Ensures general safety of building occupants.
Qualifications and experience
- ND/HND in electrical engineering
- Certificate in general building maintenance will be an added advantage.
- Apprenticeship training
- Trade tested class 1 journeyman
- At least 4 years experience